Singing for Larks is aiming to run a full programme of Full-Day, Half-Day and residential workshops this year, in the hope that the Covid situation will be much easier and few, if any, adaptations will be needed by the time workshops start in April. However, keep checking this page for updates and be assured that measures will be taken as necessary.
These are the current Covid measures for my two regular groups: Manchester Larks and Shylarks:
- We’ve delayed the start of term until 18th / 19th January 2022 and this will be reviewed. If we decide to delay further, we’ll look into sessions outside or on Zoom.
- We’re currently meeting for 90 minutes (instead of 2 hours), with no refreshments break. This will also be reviewed as circumstances change.
- We’re opening as many doors and windows as we can, so the ventilation’s great… but it’s rather cold, so bring plenty of extra layers!
- We’re leaving at least 1 metre between chairs and singing in a big, spacious circle.
- Manchester Larks has moved to a bigger venue, so now both groups are able to accommodate the full membership, socially distanced, so you don’t need to book a place. Again, we’ll review this if necessary.
- You’re asked to wear a mask when arriving and leaving, keep socially distanced and follow any one-way systems
- We’re minimising movement the rest of the time (e.g. 3 volunteers to put chairs away and everyone else leave as quickly as possible)
- You’re not asked to wear masks when singing, just when moving around.
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning spray is available
- We don’t have our usual refreshments, so bring whatever you need
- You’re asked to sign in when you arrive
- You’re encouraged to take a Lateral Flow Test before attending. You don’t need to show evidence, just don’t attend if you test positive.
- If you get Covid within 5 days after a session, let me know so I can warn those who attended